What is crypto-ransomware?
Crypto-ransomware is a relatively new and increasingly pervasive type of ransomware that aims to collect personal and financial information or install a malicious virus which can “take over” your PC.
Recovery of infected systems is virtually impossible without clean backups. At Brisbane Computer Solutions we can help you to put in place solutions to ensure that you remain protected.
Ransomware is a type of software, or malware, used to extort money from victims by preventing access to their computer or files.
The Federal Government’s Stay Smart Online website suggests the following as the best prevention ways to avoid ransomware and other malware attacks:
- Use spam filters and be cautious when opening emails, especially if there are attachments.
- Make sure you are using a reputable, up-to-date security product.
- Make sure your operating system and applications are up to date and fully patched.
- Run a regular scan of your computer
- Set and use strong and unique passwords.
- Set passwords on all your hardware devices (modems and routers).
- Back up your data.
- Keep a backup copy of your data in a safe place, disconnected from your computer and the internet.
- Only visit reputable websites and online services.
So if you want to protect yourself and your business from the Crypto Locker virus, talk to us at Brisbane Computer Solutions. We have the best solutions for your protection.